Last Updated: 15 November 2023
In connection with providing our Services, there are times when we may ask for or collect information from you, either in the form of anonymous data or personally identifiable information.
What INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
How We Collect Your Information:We collect information from you when you:
- Browsing of Specialized website;
- Subscription to Specialized newsletter
- Place an order from our Services.
- Return an item or make an exchange;
- Inquire about our Services;
- Create an account via our Services;
- Sign up for email updates or to receive our newsletter and/or advertisements;
- Register and use your bicycle;
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes;
- Use a Service that requests information regarding your location;
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion; or;
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event.
Information Collected Automatically:Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, we, as well as our third-party service providers, who assist in the operation, maintenance or improvement of the website, use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how you access and use the Services (“Usage Information”). Usage Information includes:
- Your IP address or other unique identifier for your Device.
- Device type.
- Your location.
- The type of browser software and operating system you are using.
- The web page(s) you have accessed, and the time you accessed them.
We also automatically collect certain other information, including:
- Information about your purchases and purchase history;
- Frequency of rides on your bicycle;
- Starting location and ending location of your rides;
- Power consumption during your rides;
- Error occurrences with respect to the battery of the bicycle;
- Motor and bicycle serial numbers and the hardware version you are using;
- Rider behavior (using analytics), rider preferences, ride history, rider performance statistics (e.g., length of rides, distance covered;
- Elevation gain & loss, rider power, cadence, speed, average speed and elevation gain uphill);
- Data from chat features; and
- Billing history, log data, and error reporting.
Cookies:We, and/or our third party service providers, place “cookies” (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit our website), on your Device to collect Usage Information, for security purposes, and to enable you to use the Services, as well as for market research related purposes. To learn how to reduce the number of cookies you receive, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When we collect and use your Personal Information, we are guided by the following principles, which require personal data to be
- Processed lawfully, fairly, in a transparent manner and with respect for the dignity of the human person.
- Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
- Removed or not kept in a form which permits identification of data subject for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed.
- Processed in a manner that ensures its security, using appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We use the information we collect about you to provide you with products and services, to improve your experience, and to enforce our rights.Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we use Personal Information to, among others to:
- Provide e-commerce services, including customer support;
- Enhance customer experience and determine tailored content to meet your preferences and needs;
- Communicate relevant services and/or advisories to you;
- Abide by any safety, security, public service, or legal requirements and processes;
- Process information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes;
- Use Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with the requirements of the law and legal process, such as a court order;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Prevent imminent harm to public security, safety or order;
- For statistical, analytical, and research purposes to create anonymous and aggregate reports;
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Specialized shall not share or disclose Personal Information, collected through this site, with third parties, except to those Specialized are in contract with to carry out its obligations and perform certain functions on its behalf, such as, among others, delivery couriers, data analysis firms, customer support, and investor relations specialists, web hosting or advertising companies and the like. Such third parties including, but not limited to, Mailchimp, Google, and Facebook, may be provided access to your Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use such information for any other purpose. Moreover, in exceptional circumstances, Specialized may be required to disclose your Personal Information on certain grounds and circumstances provided by law.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your information for as long as you have an account with or are otherwise an active customer of Specialized. Once you delete your account or no longer use our products and Services, we will only keep your information as needed to fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, for legitimate business purposes, or take other actions permitted by law.
We will generally store information associated with your account until it is no longer necessary to provide the Services, until you ask us to delete it, or until your account is deleted, whichever comes first; but there are some exceptions to this general rule. We will retain information from deleted accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, process warranty claims, distribute important product information (such as recall information), enforce our agreements, and take other actions permitted by law.
Specialized ensures that all information gathered is safely and securely stored and cannot be easily accessible to third parties.
We use a variety of current technologies and processes and maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards for the protection of our customer data. We maintain a private database on our servers for the storage of all information collected through our Services. It is our practice to use encryption whenever we receive or transmit sensitive data. We use encryption technology to ensure the secure transmission of any Personal Information you provide while using our Services. All transactions completed through our Services are conducted using 2048-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.We will take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible, will ask that any third parties to whom we may transfer your information take comparable steps to protect that security. Although we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that your information will always be secure.
Email is not a secure form of communication. Please do not send us your credit card number, social security number or other Personal Information via email.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have certain rights related to the Personal Information we hold about you, namely:
We may change our privacy practices, and we will update this page when we do, so be sure to check it periodically.
QUERIES OR COMPLAINTS